Rambling...

From my brain to your screen.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Delicious

My mom is an amazing cook.  It is kinda a lot of pressure being her daughter.  Oh...wait...my dad is a chef by trade.  PRESSURE.  Anyways.  I am pretty self-critical about the way I cook, but today's dinner was delicious.  And here is what it is in case you were wondering.
(the other pot is couscous for the veggie leftover if I run out of pasta)
 Put a pot of water on the stove to boil for the pasta.
 Then cut up:

3 baby yellow squash
2 baby zucchini
2 medium gold onions (I would have used red if I had them)
2 medium tomatoes
These were all from Farmers market
about 2 heaping tsp of minced garlic




Put some oil a large skillet and heat some oil on about medium heat...I would say I used a few teaspoons or a tablespoon of oil (i used peanut to mix it up, but olive would be delicious too) enough to cover the pan when you move it around a bit.

Put in the onions and garlic and let them saute a wee bit then add the other squash.  The key is to cut them pretty small.  Mine liked kinda like corn kernels. 

Put your pasta in and follow the instructions.  I LOVE Buitoni agnolotti wild mushroom pasta (LOVE LOVE LOVE...more than I love wheat thins...whoa).  Yes, this is a link to the pasta....delicious.   



Add about a Tablespoon of basil pesto (I am a basil fiend...so add what you like) and about 10 basil leafs chopped up to the veggie mix. 

Here is what it looked like when it was done...I added parmigiana cheese (duh), salt, and pepper. 



Not as good as mama's...but pretty tasty



MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm!  

This was delicious.  So as I work on an APA presentation for my students, and skyped with my mama, i ate this wonderful goodness....mmmmm.  And I have leftovers. 

2 comments: