Rambling...

From my brain to your screen.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

30 Fun things in 30 Days: Day 26

Well, my last year of the doctoral program has officially started.  We had our masters orientation and set up our schedules.  I have more obligations than I had wanted, but some of them I volunteered for, and I am getting paid to earn an education in one of the best programs in the US, and if my instructors trust me enough to run labs and teach beginning counselors than who would I be to not do whatever they ask without questions?  We had a cookout tonight with the professors and the doc students.  It is strange to me how quickly the last two years have gone.  I can remember two years ago, being at the party at a strange professors house and feeling out of place and missing home.  I always knew this was the right decision (ok...maybe not always, but I had very little doubt).  I have met so many amazing friends here.  I have learned so much about myself. 

The more I am here in this conservative little town the more I realize that I believe in goodness and energy and the importance of putting good things in your body, mind, and spirit.  I think the only way I can clarify my current existence is based on the above notions.  If I had believed that I was a sick person instead of a person who was sick, I would probably be dead.  I probably have my mother to thank for that.    Now, that said, I can be a snarky bitch.  I am working on it.  Really.

The next year is going to be a rollercoaster.  Good thing i got a wristband.

Cider with a few new friends is always a wonderful nightcap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment