Rambling...

From my brain to your screen.

Monday, August 15, 2011

30 Fun things in 30 Days: Day 19

Today was my last full day at home.  I got so many things done today, which was nice.  I got my scooter permit.  I am pretty sure the test I took the first time was not the same test.  The last one had a lot of questions that made no sense...I also studied the whole book instead of skimmed...so that may have had something to do with it.  I picked up my new glasses which are out of my lovely plastic comfort zone.  They are metal.  But they also have kinda a cat-eye shape and they are purple...so they are still kinda funky.  I got to spend time with some of my favorite boys, a friend who is becoming one of the people I look most forward to visiting when I am home, and had wine with two people I adore while we sat in a fenced in backyard and played with a hole-diggin pup and pondered the choices of a cat named Norma Jean.  It was a splendid last full day at home.  I am realizing I am ok with a slowed down life that involves people who I love doing a whole lot of not much.  I have always known this, but also always felt a pull towards needing to do everything.  I am realizing everything is not what it is made out to be...and just a little is often so much more fulfilling.   

No comments:

Post a Comment