Rambling...

From my brain to your screen.

Monday, August 15, 2011

30 Fun things in 30 Days: Day 20

I am finishing my day 22 hours from where I started it.  It was hard to leave, but I enjoy my "other life" a lot...and as time goes by it is becoming "my life," if that makes sense.  I spent some quality time with the dogs before I packed.  I have a hard time leaving them, as I can't talk to them on the phone (without worrying it is some form of torture to them) and I don't think they understand why I just leave for months at a time.  I hope they don't feel abandoned.  The quality time was fun.  I think I sort of forced it on them, but they didn't seem to mind too much.  Ma made tostadas. 

They are amazing
They are from the cookbook Diet for a Small Planet and I am pretty sure they are the best thing I have ever put in my mouth.  All-told, I ate them at 4 different meals in two weeks.  I can make them, but there is something about them that is just not as good as it is when ma makes them. 

I took a puddle jumper plane to get to the airport.  Those things are hot.  It was not fun, but it was better than driving and making ma drive back.  The man friend picked me up after being in the car for over 6 hours.  Apparently a propane tanker was leaking...then there was another wreck on the detoured route.  I appreciate that he didn't complain too much about having to make the 7 hour drive to pick me up.  :-) The hotel has a temperpedic bed.  AH-MAY-ZING.  They are nice.  Kinda a crap little place, but really what do you need besides a bed in a hotel room?  

No comments:

Post a Comment