Rambling...

From my brain to your screen.

Friday, November 5, 2010

a wee rant

It bugs me that McDonald's has commercials with skinny people riding their bikes up fairly nice sized hills to get to McDonald's for breakfast.  I am pretty sure the girl in the eats Micky-D's once a year, if that. 

Also, how in the heck did we elect George Bush as our president for 8 years?  How does that shit come about?  I am still amazed and in horror about how that happened.  I wonder where we would be if John Kerry or Al Gore (who, I don't know if you remember, but actually did win) would have been our president.  I think things would still be pretty messed up, but not as bad.  I think about this argument, and realize that some of my best friends would disagree, but I also think we perceive "good" government as very different. 

Another thing, I don't get why right wingers want abortion and gay marriage to be illegal.  Last time I checked, most people on the far right say they want SMALLER big government.  So how do these two things mesh?  Smaller big government would mean less restriction on our rights, which means less laws on individuals, which means a) I can do whatever the heck I choose to do with my body and b) I can marry whoever I want.  As many problems as those on the right have with those on the left, this issue always perplexes me.  Especially when people VOTE pretty much strictly on those two issues. Ahh...the separation of church and state.  When the population of muslims (or jews, or wiccans, or atheists, or agnostics, etc) outnumbers the number of christians, church and state will be an interesting concept.  Enough of my rants...I have to get to work.  Hearing tests (being a test dummy for a friend) and dinner with friends.  Funness.

No comments:

Post a Comment