Rambling...

From my brain to your screen.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

TV show life

Sometime I feel like my life is a tv show.  Well, maybe it isn't my life, but the life of those around me.  I can be the semi-boring, elegant goofball (as a friend calls me) indy chick who wears teal shoes and socks with mustaches and is "cute." Sometimes I hate when people call me cute.  I feel like it would fit if I was 12, but I am almost 30, and it never really seems like a complement when people say it.  Maybe it is because i do wear teal shoes and socks with mustaches on them.  Hum.  Something to think about.  I will stick with cute if not sticking with it means I have to cut out the funny socks. 

I just watched an episode of Parenthood and it just seems like my life could fit into that kind of sitcom really easily.  I wonder what the soundtrack would be?  Hopefully something bomb ass cool.  It would be a dramady of sorts I think.  I can just see it now, Kate and I driving in my car, listening to Great Lake Swimmers and making fun of the commercial with the pig with the pinwheel going wee wee wee all the way home.  We make vague reference to past relationships in our lives and the frustration we feel about being successful, fun, smart women who, none-the-less, are single.  We switch to what our weekends will hold.  It includes the everyday mundane things like laundry, work, and wine.  We listen to the end of a Brett Dennen song and wait for the next one to come on...Kate looks at me as we drive and says, "weeeeeeee," and we both laugh.  It is the potential plotline for a pretentious indy movie/show.  Sometimes I love it, and sometimes I want a little more.   

No comments:

Post a Comment