Rambling...

From my brain to your screen.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Royals

I am so stinkin' tired of talking about the british royalty.  According to a website, the queen gets paid about 59 million dollars (I converted it from an old figure) a year before money is taken out for taxes and such...and what does she do again?  Another website (I know, really reputable sources, but come on, it is just a blog) said the royal family more than makes back what they get in tourism, but I am pretty sure if they shut down the royal family they would still make money on tourist flocking the royal grounds.  I used to have conversations about this with an old boyfriend from college who was from N. Ireland, and the concept of paying figure heads always got under his skin.  I have a hard enough time caring what wedding dress people I care about choose (they will be beautiful no matter what they wear) so why the hell should I care about what Kate Middelton is wearing?  We have too much freakin time on our hands american public.  Let's try caring about something that matters...

No comments:

Post a Comment