Rambling...

From my brain to your screen.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween

This weekend was super fun for the most part.  I had a good time with friends on Halloween.  We had a department party then my friends had a party at there house then we went to another friend's bar.   I forget how much fun it is to dance!  In the process I also lost a devil horn.  It was found the next night though. 

I worked most of saturday on our qualitative research project. I am really excited about it.  We are doing it on the use of music as a means of cohesion with the new masters students.  We are finding themes and I am realizing that I am definitely a qualitative researcher (as opposed to a quantitative one). 

 I rode my scooter today for the first time!  Thanks to another friend and his mad teaching skills, I can now turn corners!  Considering I had never been on any kind of motorized thing with two wheels, I am pretty proud.  It is NOT like a car or a bicycle.  I am excited about driving it next year.  Tonight is cooking food for the week and doing laundry...and reviewing educational dvd's for the class i am teaching this summer.  It is Human Sexuality, and they are basically educational sex tapes.  They are actually pretty interesting and educational.  Mom-"Hi Amanda, what are you up to?"   Me-"Oh, not much, watching a video for class."  Mom-"Oh, interesting, what is it on?"  A wee bit awkward. 

There is yet another halloween party at the previously mentioned bar that apparently is the third of the week and the most risque.  I have to pass, although I am sure pictures will be on facebook.  Living vicariously, which is basically what I do here. 

I am trying not to post info about where I am in the US or use names, but it is really hard to be a story teller without details!

No comments:

Post a Comment