Rambling...

From my brain to your screen.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Aren't tuesdays supposed to be my light day?

Today was stressful.  I spent 3 hours trying to watch a video that I am not even going to use to teach.  Such is the life of a teacher I guess.  But then, i get home to a package on my doorstep (since when does the university deliver packages to our door instead of making us go down to the mail room...i'm not complaining, just saying).  My day is instantly brighter.  It is a care package from a friend with cheese from her family dairy farm and homemade tomato jam.  Oh friend, thank you.  www.marcootjerseycreamery.com.  I am hoping tomorrow is better.  Crying, getting wonderful cheeses and nice cards, realizing I am not alone in my sadness here (thanks for the reminder CM), and talking to my best friend make me realize things are ok, and constantly changing.  Qualitative research, while not generalizable, makes me feel really connected on a human level (even if it does mean coding until 1 am).  I also have a bad ass scooter parked outside that is mine.   

No comments:

Post a Comment