Rambling...

From my brain to your screen.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Idaho

It has been a while since I posted, and I should be grading papers, reading, and really doing anything but being on this dang machine.

So here is an update to catch you up: I like Idaho. I miss home. I have a lot of homework. I will be a doctor in a year and a half (roughly) if I don't fuck this up. This makes me both excited and scared as hell. I curse a lot, if you don't like it, don't read my blog (I also apologize for the profanity, but it is, at this point in my life, one way I express myself.). I am a qualitative researcher. I process externally, if you can't handle it, maybe we shouldn't hang out. I miss my best friends. That said, I am making friends, and that is cool. I would like to make out with someone that gives me butterflies in my belly (don't we all, really?). I thought maybe I could get away with making out with no butterflies, but i have realized, i was wrong. Damn. I want to go see a good live show. I am pretty sure I am going through live music withdrawal. I bought a scooter. A friend and I are going to have a scooter gang of two. I have my plane tickets home. Before coming to Carbondale I am going to see a show (to deal with the withdrawal or maybe feed the addiction) in StL with my bf. It may be the best time ever. Please remind me to buy a take home container of bloody mary mix to bring back to Idaho with me. A friend made homemade bacon vodka that would be PERFECT as a cellar bloody mary (thank you erin). I have started eating meat on occasion again...but I am making a big effort to only buy meat that is a) local, and b) treated humanly. Idaho is helping me to become the person I want to be. It is funny how lose and change can be so hard but also really good for you. I am realizing out here that I have been an adult for a long time, and that doesn't mean I can't laugh really loud and often; wear clothes that don't always match; be political but not in-your-face about it; stand up for myself; ask for reciprocal relationships (and not bother with ones that are not); and make really big silly mistakes and own up to them. I pretty much love being this kind of adult.

I am going to try and be better about posting here. I know people have asked about how I am doing, and this is a great way to keep people in the know. I will be home in eight weeks minus one day. I have to study for comps when I am home (the biggest test I will ever take in my whole life), but I also plan on having an amazing time. Plan accordingly.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm adding you to my blog roll or whatever that thing is called! cm :)

    ReplyDelete